zika?

What is everyones thoughts on zika these days? I don't see many new forum discussions about it.  I am hoping to travel to bahamas area in May, and I may or may not be pregnant.  I have been on many cruises before and i have NEVER seen a bug lol was still planning on wearing lots of bug spray when we are docked and not doing any excursions.  Is zika seeming to calm down now??

7 Answers

I usually bring insect repellent wipes with me... just to be safe.

Good question. Far as I know it is still out there ... just not getting the same media hype it previously had. In most cases repellent is probably the best solution. 

I concur, my wife is a magnet for insect bites. We use repellent liberally and haven’t had any problems. 

The only place I ran into a insect issue was at the ruins in Cozumel,  they are in the jungle.   We purchased "Deep Woods Off" on the ship and used it for just that one excursion.  When we were near the beach no issues.

Have a great cruise and be safe.

I haven’t seen anything about zika either, but we always pack Off too, just to be prepared.

Thanks for everyones replies!

Apparently mosquitoes can’t stand hurricane force winds

on a similar note, you know how you can tell if a moth f@rts ?

It suddenly flies in a straight line.   Big Smile

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.