Who still has a cruise booked for 2020?

Hey everyone,

sorry have not been around much, work and life get into the way and it brings a tear to my eye not to be able to cruise.

BUT i digress, who else is holding out hope that we will cruise this year and has a cruise still booked?

Our NE/C 9/13 7 day cruise cancelled - rebooked for next 9/11

10/31 5 day out of Charleston cancelled = rebooked on at the end of Jan

11/5 4 day out of Charleston still on as of this second.

Brian

48 Answers

Well damn....got the dread cancelation email this morning. Rebook offer of $600 obc was not as good as original offer of $400 suite, free drinks and $1k in on board credit. 😒

At this point, We could spin circles off the coast if Texas, and I'd be happy. Dont need to go anywhere, just need to be on board!

https://www.cruisemapper.com/news/7919-ncl-norwegian-cruise-line-restart-operations-select-sailings-november-2020

Norwegian announces restart for Nov. (They're joined with RCL on health panel and protocol development - keep watching for more)

B2B NCL NYC to Caribbean for November through December. Doubt if they will sail but am hopeful.

We were booked on a 26nt Sky Princess b2b FLL to CPH then on to St. Petersburg in April, but just got word that it has been cancelled, not due to Covid but due to redeployment. Grrrrr. We are also scheduled on a 28nt b2b to the South Pacific on Celebrity next September, holding out hope that it will still happen. Don’t know what to do with myself, can’t stop dreaming.

I’m booked on the Granduer for the 12 day cruise returning on Dec 10, 2020. At this point I’m not putting much faith in us sailing. If they cancel, this will be the forth cruise this year. I also, have cruises scheduled for Jan., Mar and June 2021. I don’t know what cruising will look like going forward, but I expect some restrictions. Many of the designations are not open to cruise ship they also require a positive CONVID test 72 hours prior to sailing. Getting test results that quickly is almost impossible. Another concern for me is only being able to disembark if you are on a ship excursion. I understand it’s their version of the bubble and the only way to control access off the ship. I really enjoy exploring the islands at my own pace. So if you don’t want to overpay for a ship’s excursion you’re stuck on the ship for 12 days. If that’s.what cruising will look like going forward, why bother? Where’s the fun in that?

NCL announced they're going to run 2 ships (one east coast (MIA) an one west LA) in Nov if the CDC lifts restrictions. As they're in the same health panel as RCL, would expect the same.

Look at the probable ports that could open and also high impact ships - like the new ones that could be more profitable with reduced capacity.

Two Celebrity agents told me they're focusing on getting FLL open and operating APEX and EDGE first priority.

Hoping the Sky Princess is still good for January 2021. Thanks for the warning.Surprised

Great news or at least a great start. Have to follow those closely to see how things pan out.

Hi AuntPinkie,

Looks like the Sky Princess will be in the Caribbean in January.
Cheers

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.