What is your priorities once on board?---Ours, (usually)
1. Check out cabin and meet new room stewart when he brings us our glasses of champagne and let him know if we are missing something in the cabin, like pre-ordered bathrobes, also, we usually need additional coat hangars and let him/her know it is nice to have the ice bucket full by 5:00 PM daily.
2. Call room service if pre-ordered liquor and beverages need adjusting and to make mini-bar set up changes.
3. Call dining reservations and make specialty reservations for all formal nights on the voyage.
4. If it is a ship we haven't been on before, when our luggage arrives, I put the bags on the bed and get out of the cabin letting the boss take care of it, then I do a recon and evaluation of the vessel.
5. If my timing is on, I get back and put the empty bags under the bed, then I give her a rundown on what I discovered about the ship out on our balcony, relaxing, she with a cocktail, I with my red and discuss what we are going to do for dinner. We try to avoid the MDR hassle the first evening and make it informal.
6. Life boat drill is next. Afterward, we go back to our balcony and drinks, as we take in the sail away from our balcony, I love sail aways. All, before dinner.
7. Dress for dinner, then I give her a tour of some of the more interesting features on the vessel that might interest her. Also, we check out all the ship's dining venues, maybe even make reservations or maybe even eat there for dinner that evening. After dinner we usually check out the ship's amenities a little more and if need be make reservations for stuff like the lotus spa, etc.