Transatlantic cruise in L102

i just booked a repositioning cruise in April in L102. This cabin faces forward at the bow of the boat. Has anyone been in this room for a transatlantic cruise. Worried about excessive wind and motion.

Tags: Princess Cruises Royal Princess

3 Answers

Well since no one has answered I'll go with my experience which was close although not the same.  I've had two cabins way forward.  On the Island Princess it was the 2nd cabin from the front end of the hall way.  Both times I got slammed.  It was especially rough on the Island as we hit high winds, force 10 on one of the days. 

So not saying this to scare you but just letting you know your most likely going to feel motion up there.  I enjoyed it as it was something out of the ordinary in my boring life. 

Hope all goes well.  The Royal Princess is newer and larger than the Grand or Island Princess ships which I was one for those forward cabins.  So might not be as much movement.

This might help with your cabin. You should be Cabin Category DZ. You probably will not be able to use the balcony at sea. Have not taken this cruise yet so I default to JCOAKML answer above. Actual L102 Cabin and balcony pictures in link below (hope it works).

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/slideshow-cabin.php?ship=Royal%20Princess%20III&cabin=L102

Deluxe Balcony

- Balcony
- sofa bed
- upgraded bathroom amenities
- waffle bathrobe
- terry cloth towels
- and an upgraded duvet insert
- In-room safe
- refrigerator
- 37 inch flat screen tv with movies
- cable and satellite programing
- hand-held adjustable massage shower head
- hair dryer
- fresh fruit
- bathroom sundries
- Most balconies are narrow.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Category DZ have obstructed views due to solid steel railings. Category DZ upper deck balconies can only be used while in port. When upper berth or sofa bed is used it will block balcony. Category DZ is 263 to 291 square feet including balcony. 
*Cabin size and layout may differ from size, diagrams and pictures shown.

I had L101 on the Royal in the Southern Caribbean cruise. I didn't notice any excessive motion, and the wind was pretty well broken by the steel rail of the balcony. The only problem was that if it was raining, there was no way you would want to be on the balcony.

In my opinion, with the balcony being almost as big as the cabin, and generally less expensive than a regular balcony room, it is a no-brainer to take it!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.