Tipping

Usually after the second day I know the bartenders or severs I like and appreciate.  I carry a wad of singles with me and i discreetly slip a buck into the folder they give you to sign.  I really get great service regardless of the line.  One waitress from the Ukrainians said to me "all the crew like Mr. Todd".. Word spreads fast amongst the crew as to whom is nice and tips

Thats is something I enjoy doing.  I never expect anyone to do that but I ceel good doing it.

13 Answers

I will normally add 1.00 to ticket

Yep I always have singles with me. We don't drink a great deal but will order water. I like to tip the folks who take care of us. By the third day I don't even ask it magically shows up!

F  yep...I will wait for a seat that always magically happens and a Miller lite as well.  I did ask the bartender her name is Sushma.  When Ieave a dollar extra does she get all of it.  She said the 15 percent goes to everyone and the extra tip goes in her pocket.  With the extra tipping I spread around usually equaits to maybe 50 dollars.  Its not that much really but it helps them and me.

I too enjoy tipping someone who deserves it,,,I believe in filling out comment cards as well and always take the time to do that before the cruise ends.

I always find our Server. They get a great tip and a better on at the end. I always have a cold beer, Monique has her special drink. and we get taken care of very well.

A little appreciation goes a long way.

I tip on room service based on what the meal would cost at home.

ctav

We tend to go the same bars so we do the same.

As others have said, a little cash goes a long way (I prefer the discreet handshake for delivering it) but you have to be friendly and appreciative of their service as well.  We’ve sometimes started by tipping a great server or bartender but ended up exchanging email by the end of the cruise.

In those crowded past-passenger cocktail receptions, slipping over a $5.00 bill and saying “remember where we are” may get you a few more rounds than everyone else!

We always give a small cash tip when we just ask for a glass of water from a cocktail server.  They don’t have anything for us to sign but we’re taking away from their time delivering drinks that get them tipped.  They are usually surprised and very appreciative.

We tip. We place cash with a handwritten thank you note. We personally hand it over to the crew members who rendered memorable service.  Otherwise, we add gratuities on to the slips for most things.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.