Specialty Restaurants

On the ever so FAMOUS Where is everyone thread.... I made mention that the steak was good yet small on portion..  A reply was that I could order another steak at no cost.  Does anyone else have insight on this?   Please note.. The subject matter pertains to the Specialty up charge restaurants...  Thanks JC for the thought... This forum is greatHappy

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

16 Answers

I know you can on Princess. But I just don't know on Carnival I will find out in 12 days!

Yes I do need to revise that statement that I made.  It's for sure on Princess, been a glutton a few times in the Crown Grill. 

On NCL:  Hibachi restaurant - no but they feed you a lot.  The Brazilian BBQ, they just keep bringing you meat until you tell them to stop.  You can ask for more appetizers too.  It's crazy!  I went into gluttony mode there.  The Cagney's Steakhouse you can ask for more.  Didn't try the French or Sushi restaurants.  The Italian restaurant wasn't worth asking for a another round, it was kinda bland.

HAL and Carnival didn't do specialty. 

Doesn't hurt to ask.  I suspect on Carnival you can. 

You both will have the opportunity on Carnival, before we will.  Our first specialty experience will be in December.  Anxious to hear the answer.

Okay doing some more research and I see I was hasty in my answer early. 

Some additional info I found on the WWW at another cruise website.  At Carnival's steak house you can order all the appetizers you want for free but if you want another entrée you have to pay another $20. 

This was not the case on Princess.  Extra appetizers and extra entrée are included with the one charge. 

And now I'm looking at an actual Carnival menu and it says extra for additional entrée. 

LOL!  These food threads are near and dear to my heart.  I practically starve myself during my regular routine but when I'm on vacation I do into gluttony mode. 

OK!! JC!  Thanks... One steak is enough for me but you stated I can get another App at no charge... Sweet... I'll let y'all know... I will make a mental note to ask... As in.. I'll take two more shrimp cocktails and another salad.Happy

On the Grand Princess they have these shrimp and avocado "cakes" appetizers, OMG!  I could make a meal out of just those. 

Dang man!  Excited for you, hope you have an awesome time!!!

Now I'm hungry.  You two should be ashamed , making a grown woman drool all over her keyboard.Crying

I'm gonna get a juicy filet, ceasar salad and four shrimp cocktails... Also I'm gonna inhale a messy Guys burger and smear it all over my face then wash up on the pool.Happy

You are planning on enough fun for two.  Wish I could be there to watch.Wink

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.