ToddTheCruiser
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Specialty Restaurants

I purchase a meal on Carnival Magic in the Scarlett steakhouse.  It was good and I went early around 6pm.  I did think the portions are smaller than what they present beforehand.  Not sure if its worth the $35.   I planned on going twice but only went the one time.  Any comments?

Tags:

28 Answers

BDRebel
Contributor Level: Captain

I've never been able to convince myself that the $35 steakhouse is that much better than the MDR, therefore I have never been.

I have taken advantage of the free lunch service from their Italian Specialty, and it was very good, but (IMHO) not worth the cover charge.

MAMAAFRIKA

We cruised on Carnival Sunshine and they have 555 Fahrenheit Steakhouse...The steaks and lamb shops were huge and worth every penny of the $35...I thought all Carnival Steakhouses were the same

ToddTheCruiser

askeegan
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

we did the steak house on the Carnival Conquest, and that was an amazing meal.  Cooked to perfection the steak was!

AuntPinkie

We had a "free" steak house coupon on the Regal Princess and we were happy we did not have to pay for it! We have not eaten in one on any of the Carnival ships!

BAK1061

Cagney's, on Norwegian ships, is great.  We always make sure to eat there at least once per cruise.

cruznjan

We've been in steakhouses for special occasions (anniversaries, birthdays). The meals and service were good, but I still enjoy the MDR.

I've trIed the steakhouse on Carnival, NCL and RCL, loved them all. Would do again.

JusMe

I try and go to the Steakhouse on Carnival once a cruise.   Worth every penny of the $35.00.  If the ship does not have the steakhouse I don't bother with the $ 20.00 steak in the MDR.  The steakhouse is also about the smaller dining room, the better service and the cooked to order steak (not getting cold coming up from the kitchen)

JusMe

On Celebrity I find the food good enough in the MDR that I do not want a specialty dining on Celebrity.  

On RCI I will go one night to specialty dining.

On NCL I would go almost every night as I do not like the MDR food or service on NCL.  The Steakhouse, French and Sushi are good on NCL but they do cost more every night.  If NCL had the special sea day Indian lunch for $ 10.00 go for it,  it was very good and includes refills on the Mango Lassi.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.