so you want to bring a case or two of water on board, but the weight is prohibitive. I have found the solution. First, you’ll need a food dehydrator. Second, you’ll need ice cube trays.
okay, here we go.
1) fill the ice cube trays with water
2) turn your dehydrator up to the highest setting
3) place the ice cube trays onto the dehydrator trays, and stack them as high as you can. Let sit overnight, or until the water is dehydrated. To test for doneness, dip a toothpick into the ice cube tray. If it comes back wet, your water is not fully dehydrated.
4) leave dehydrated water in the trays when done. Let cool, and place trays into ziplock bags.
5) when you want water, fill a tray with water to rehydrate the dehydrated product. Wait 5 minutes, and enjoy !