MAMAAFRIKA
Contributor Level: Captain

SMUGGLING ALCOHOL

I've heard of people smuggling alcohol on board using several methods. It may be a way to save money on alcohol but for me I like mojitos and other special mixes that the ships offer. Has any one ever tried to smuggle alcohol? Where you successful? Did you get caught? What are your thoughts? I want to hear.....Big Smile

Tags:

15 Answers

DVCruise

I have traveled with people who did and got caught ... They had it confiscated until cruise ended and had to pay some sort of a charge ... it was more embarrassing then anything and they regretted the choice ... felt like they were being "watched" the entire cruise.  I didn't know that they had it (several fifths of vodka) or I would have probably warned them it wasn't worth the hassle.

Johngold

This has been on the post before. I believe it ain't  worth the trouble.  There are ways some have tried to get around it. When Monique and her sisters went on the last cruise with their mother, She brought a bottle with her in her luggage that they all liked and it was taken away until the end of the cruise.

ghiagal
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

I am with the above replies, to me it's just not worth the trouble. I don't want to be called to the principals office when it gets found, but I also don't want to walk back to my cabin just to get a drink. we always figure the drink package into the cost of our cruise, we know we will use it and we know we will get our moneys worth from it. 

OldGreyWolf
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Yep, if you have a look there have been several threads on this the most recent i believe was 2 or 3 weeks ago and the general consensus here was that it can be done but the cruise lines are very good at catching and confiscating and if you are successful in smuggling booze on board the question and inconvenience of having to run to your cabin to mix it and drinking it in other areas of the ship outweighs any benefit of smuggling it on board. Easier just to buy the drinks on board or buy a drink package. 

meghad23

Get the drink package and enjoy life!

Before Drink packages existed, I did go sailing with a friend and he bought a couple airplane bottles at port, wrapped them in a tshirt he bought and got them on board. Apparently a coke from the minibar is cheaper than a rum and coke. 

ToddTheCruiser
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

I don't do the drink packages.  I just bring enough money with me and also have my cruise cash maxed at $400.00. 

MAMAAFRIKA

Sorry I don't scroll too far down the list of discussions.

meghad23

You can always feel free to search for topics too from the board! That's what I like to do from time to time and resurrect old dusty threadsBig Smile 

DVCruise

I like new posts on old threads and also when old threads are resurrected ...keeps things going and often brings new perspectives.

noname111

This topic has been covered previously. If it is a matter of not having enough money to cover a bar bill, cruising may not be a reasonable vacation option to begin with.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.