Sigh.. Decided to Rebook

Since this whole 5% exemption situation is so stressful and confusing, I decided to rebook our cruise for next Summer. Carnival sent another email form out on Friday asking for the exempt person's information, and that they wouldn't have the exemption list finalized until the week of June 21st... in the email the last box to check off stated: I have paid in full and understand if I am not chosen I will receive a full refund... So my little man's exemption wasn't a sure thing...and the way Murphy's Law runs in my life, we wouldn't make the list. Then our friends and family who were going to go with us would be penalized since it was after the cut-off date. Our cruise was made up of several FCC's so I was afraid of losing those too.

If he was chosen for the exemption list, he would have been tested several times and would also have to wear a mask the entire trip.. He was OK with the mask part, but I am not OK with the amount of testing he would have had to do.

Hoping next summer will be less stressful and maskless for the kiddos!!

Only 370 days to go!!

11 Answers

Hopefully by the time you all cruise that won't be a requirement. I think one test would have been OK but it sounds like it will be multiple and I am pretty sure a meltdown would ensue at some point. I really wanted to be able to go, but just didn't want to risk not being chosen and then everyone loses money because I waited to see if we got picked. He will be 7 by the time we go next year so I think he will enjoy the kids club a little more and not need to be attached to my hip the whole time. Well, I hope at least LOL


* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.