Ship info

I know I ask a lot of questions but what is HMC?

7 Answers

Half Moon Cay would be cruise line private island owned by Carnival and maybe HAL?

There may be other meanings, but that's the one that comes to my mind.

Ask all the questions you need answers to. However, some may questions may not get an answer.

HMC.... if you're on Carnival, this is Half Moon Cay and its Carnivals private island. The water here is great and there are many excursions available for you, there will be lunch services on the island. Also, this island requires a tender to get you to and from the island.

Have a great cruise.

We were there twice, first in 1999 the next in 2011. Well run island. Both voyages on HAL.   "Port of Half Moon Cay. In 1997, Holland America Line purchased Little San Salvador from its previous owners for $6 million. Today, the 2,400-acre island is known as Half Moon Cay and serves as a private retreat for passengers on the line's Caribbean and Panama Canal sailings."   "Little San Salvador Island, also called Half Moon Cay, is a tiny private island in the Bahamas. Accessible by cruise ship, it's known for the long, crescent-shaped Half Moon Beach. Luxury cabanas dot the beachfront, which gives way to trail-lined country rich in birdlife. Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park has water slides and playgrounds. Stingray Cove, a lagoon enclosure, is home to tame stingrays.  Island group:   Lucayan Arhipelago"

Yes.. Half moon cay if you like the Bahamas.  I believe a lot of cruisers have been to the Bahamas a lot and tired of it.  HMC is a owned port by Ccl.  I have not been there yet but if I find an itinerary that includes it instead of Nassau OT Freeport I'll look into it

A totally awesome spot.

HMC is the private island of Holland America.  Technically, of Carnival Corp. since Holland America is owned by Carnival Corp.  While some Carnival sailings do stop at HMC, all of the signage on the island is of Holland America.  It is by far, my favorite port and we've been there at least 8 times.  It is THE perfect spot to lounge on the beach, enjoy the beautiful water, and partake in a delicious bbq.  Two years ago, they added a Lobster shack where you can eat (for a fee).  It was delicious.  There is also a small area with shops where you can purchase souvenirs or even clothing--i purchased a nice pair of sandals and a beach cover-up there for a good price.  You must tender to the island but it is a short ride.  

Yes its awesome....been there, done that ONCE....I would respectfully, and strongly urge anyone who has never done HMC to bang some keys online and read what it costs to do "certain things"...…...the place is very well structured...to separate you from your $$...some folks might not care...others may be in for a rather rude shock.....

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.