monstermau
Contributor Level: Purser

Sept 2017

does any one know why, NCL and RCL have no cruises going out of Tampa or Pt Canaveral?   I am looking for one that goes to Key West and Cozumel.  I did find one on NCL a few months back, but it's gone, nothing for RCL, Carnival seems to be the only one

Tags:

3 Answers

noname111
Contributor Level: Captain

Hi

Market demand and competition have a lot to do with which ports certain cruise lines use. They have preferred ports and contract terms with them. It could be an issue of negotiating favorable port charges or some other strategic issue.  If you look at where the company's headquarters or offices are located, it often says something about their choice of ports. 

If enough people ask for voyages out of a new port, a company will consider adding another point of embarkation/disembarkation. It is a major investment in each port in terms of staff and other resources.

As you can tell, it isn't one specific reason why :/

akaGrandmaJo
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

If you can sail out of Miami, Carnival and RCCL sometimes have Key West on some of their shorter itineraries. Good luck!!

I'm not sure why NCL and RCCL don't have anything showing out of Port Canaveral.  They both normally sail from there, and RCCL has just built a new terminal.  Could be that they are already sold out or they may be shuffling ships around.  Sometimes cruises get chartered as well.

BAK1061
Contributor Level: Captain

NCL shows nothing from Tampa in Sept.  That means they either a) aren't sailing from there, or b) everything is sold out.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.