Sea Sickness

Do you have trouble with motion sickness? My wife does, & seasickness pills did not help. In fact, they made it worse, neither did she savor the idea of wearing a patch. That is when we discovered SeaBand wristbands. These wristbands use acupressure to provide effective drug-free relief. You can find them in Drug Stores and onboard most ships. Wear one at all times onboard the ship, even in the shower. You get two in a plastic container, change it after your shower, so it can dry. Sleep with it on also. One more note, once you get sick, you waited too long, take action early if you are not sure. If you get sick in a car or on a plane, you better take action before you set sail. I hope this tip helps someone so that they can enjoy their cruise. Happy Cruising !!!!!!!!!!!Happy

11 Answers

Thanks for sharing!

For me the patch is and will be the best practice to prevent sea sickness.

My wife has been using the SeaBands since our first cruise. They don't absolutely make the feeling go away (for her) but they go a long way.

Sea bands did nothing for me, but the patch works with for me with no ill effects.  My sister on the other hand cannot use the patch because of the side effects for her.  The answer is: what works best for YOU.  Glad she found what works best for her.

My wife's vision is affected when wearing the patch.  But she still does.  Often now she will use half of a patch and the side effects of not being able to reach small print (i.e. the menus) are not as bad.

I have heard of these and always good things

The patch affected my vision also and made me feel sick in port.   I tried that on my first cruise.  I'm lucky that now I do not use anything and am fine unless the ship really get to rocking.

Will not cruise without my ‘patches’Happy

Very clever!Big Smile

I have posted this before on another forum but I think it is appropriate here, too.

I operate a charter fishing business in Mexico, so let me share with you a foolproof remedy. This cure was given to me by a dive master 20 years ago and it has worked for everyone that has used it – even my 83 year old mother-in-law.

She came over on the ‘boat’ in 1949 and spent 7 days below deck – seasick. She swore she would never set foot on anything that floats ever again.

Now, she loves the ocean. She never misses a chance to go fishing or whale watching.

What, you ask, is this ‘magic’ cure?  Well, it’s simple – Bonine (Dramamine works too, but Bonine is better).

Wait, wait - before you tell me – I’ve tried that and it didn’t work – hear me out.

The trick is ‘how’ you take the medication. Sea sickness is 99 % preventable but not very curable. Most people wait until they are feeling ‘rough’ then try to fix the problem – too late. Not if you follow these instructions: take one pill the night before your trip - prior to going to sleep. Then, take another just before you get on the boat. For peace of mind you may take one each night before you go to bed but this is not really necessary.

You’ll have a great cruise and never have to worry about seasickness again

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.