San Juan

Carnival released this info a short while ago:

Hurricane Maria Itinerary Updates 9/23/2017 – 11:30:00 AM (EDT)

Carnival Fascination – San Juan

The Port of San Juan is open and Carnival Fascination is expected to dock at 12:00 PM today. Guests will be given the opportunity to debark today or continue with us as the ship repositions to Miami, where it will arrive on Monday evening at 7:00 PM. All guests are invited to stay on board until Wednesday afternoon as they wait for their flights. Our airline partners are committed to working with our guests to waive any change fees associated with rescheduling flights.

Port officials have informed us that our terminal in San Juan has sustained extensive damage as a result of Hurricane Maria. The assessment is still in progress but it now appears that it will take several weeks to make the necessary repairs. Unfortunately, this means the following San Juan and Barbados sailings will have to be cancelled:

San Juan departures

September 24

October 1

October 8

Barbados departures

September 27

October 4

October 11

For all canceled cruises, a full refund will be automatically processed, including Fly2Fun reservations, pre-purchased Carnival Adventures, Fun Shop purchases and beverage packages. The refund will be processed to your original form of payment.

Given the circumstances, we are working with our airline partners to assist those guests with independent air travel regarding the waiver of change fees.

Some good news out of San Juan.

5 Answers

If the dam breaks, the situation there is really going to get worse ... they cannot catch a break!

Recent reports for the conditions at the airport make me glad I'm not flying into San Juan. With only generators running, air conditioning is out, and so was the lighting. Computers are down so pilots have to use "visual communication" and reservations can only be confirmed via calls to Miami.

The news last night looked really bleak ... planes were leaving empty because the computer system was not working to generate tickets ??!!!

Listening to the mayor pleading for help was heart wrenching ... we need to HELP PUERTO RICO!

Prayers for PUERTO RICO.  Sad    My doctor is from there and her 83 year old mother is still living there.  I had an appointment Monday and got to inquire about her Mom.  My heart was aching for all of them, things are really bad there. 

San Juan is one of the ports of call for my next cruise that leaves in January.  We will be in San Juan on April 25.  I hope before then that the people will be in a much better place than they are now. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.