Sail away.....

Our first cruise was in 1995. Which I begrudgingly went on. Well I was hooked. We could not afford to cruise often back then. But we would drive and hour to San Pedro to watch The Carnival Jubilee and Holiday sail away. 

We are currently in Maui, as we were watching the Grand Princess sail away from Lahaina I was struck with a thought. I’ve been retired awhile so it kind of hurt.Happy I still so enjoy watching a cruise ship sail away. Of course I would rather been on the ship. But I do enjoy watching the sail away.

Anyone else enjoy just watching a ship sail by?

11 Answers

Not the best picture but the Grand Princess leaving Lahaina 

I rather be watched sailing away but hey I will wave to you. Lol

I do not live near a port but I do go to port cams to watch a few sail aways.

Only if Im on one at the time...

Cannot say I have actually watched a ship do the sailaway from dry land. 

That's interesting, we were on Maui a week ago today too. Sailed away that night. I have a bunch of shots of the Atlantis submarine surfacing in order to pick us up and the smaller boat which keeps watch over the waters around the sub when it is under, trouble is they are all larger than 4 MB so can't post any.  Did you do this tour too? In the background at anchor is the cruise ship Emerald Princess, but it isn't us, as this was at Lahaina, our ship was at the pier over at Kahului, RSSC's Mariner.

Worked this time.

Oh my goodness, we saw your ship and we watched you sail away! Small world. Our little condo we are working on has a view of the harbor. I know it’s Sunday when I see the Pride of America sail in.

Here we are tied up to the dock at Kahului on 11/01/2018 just a few hours before you saw us sail away. Wife had bought some stuff at Ross's that didn't fit so I had to hot foot it over there and get a refund, took this on my way back.  

Had to go to Ross’s Big Smile. I do see a lot of crew in there from time to time. Hope your cruise was a good one.

Recently we drove to Port Canaveral to see the largest cruise ship in the world that was docked there for the day.  She was massive.  We watch from our balcony as cruise ship depart the port daily.  

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.