Royal Caribbean Delivers 500 Generators to Puerto Rico

I thought this was cool to read:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17864-royal-caribbean-delivers-500-generators-to-puerto-rico.html

Now the problem is getting the generators to where they're needed.  Lots of the roads are clogged with rubbish.

Tags: Royal Caribbean

8 Answers

Loved the shot of all the people waiting to board in San Juan ...what a nightmare that has turned into ...

Generators need fuel....diesel.....lots of it

Yes they do. Glad to see the cruise lines stepping up to the plate.

Oops. My bad.  Those GENERACS use regular gasoline., or possibly a mix.

So, 500 families will receive what amounts to, a giant paperweight.   Even if they can buy the gas, well, if the gas station doesn’t have electricity, they can’t pump it, and if they can they will most assuredly price gouge.  It was a nice thought though. Just not thought through.  Should just deliver cases of MRE’s. .  Also, tarps, paracord, and stakes for shelters. Water.   Sleeping bags and clean clothes ( such as shirts that say Super Bowl Champion Atlanta Falcons )

Talked this morning to my coworker from P.R. and she's been able to get through to a couple of relatives there.  They can get gas, it just takes hours.  So gas generators will be useful there.

Todd mentioned in another thread that some of the info we are getting is incorrect.  So everything we read needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  People are getting help and there is progress.  It's just going to be slow going. 

This is what we need... first hand information!  OK.  Second hand, but from real people.

Please note: I deleted my rant because I might have had to flag myself.

On the news feature I saw, the reporter walked along the rows of shipping containers that were full of food and supplies that could not be delivered because of the lack of diesel for the trucks to get to the port. There were several hundred containers, and more coming. It's diesel that seems to be the missing commodity, and the main point of her report.

This truly is a nightmare situation.  I hope that things improve soon. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.