Relatives Travel benefit to Cruise employees

Hi there,

I work on a cruise ship. I need to get my friend along for a holiday on the same cruise that I'm currently working. He holds an indian passport. Please help with all the necessary visa and other relevant info that we could use, before we book a cruise for him. Thanks a ton! P.S.- my ship bosses have asked me to speak to a travel agent, but all the agents that we met with, in india, don't seem to know much.

Cheers, Skye

11 Answers

I would contact your employer or a TA to make sure that you get the most accurate information.

Visa requirement change from time to time. Check on the internet for current information before you book.

I wish you good luck. Hoping someone can help you!

Anyone who is an Indian national and works/has worked on a cruise ship and availed the family/friends benefit of cruise travel- please help with contacts of travel agents preferably in Mumbai/Pune, who can help me and my mate plan this trip soon.

Christ! Good for ya!

They say, contact travel agencies. Now in India, I have no clue about which agencies not only manage cruise bookings but are experienced enough to help us plan this family/friends package.

Thanks! We were asked to contact travel agents in India or anywhere else who have done bookings in a similar capacity. I'm hoping someone here might know experienced and reliable agencies preferably in India, and suggest their contact details.

There are loads of Indians that work on cruise ships across the world. Most employees ought to be getting their family and friends on board. Any leads would help.

Skye -

Without knowing the itinerary (let alone the various countries immigration laws), I do not think anyone here can help you directly.

First - you may want to check India's equivalent of their Department of State (the government branch that handles passports and visas). You will then need to check the immigration laws of each of the ports of call to find out the laws as they pertain to those from India.

I only travel with American Express. We leave the Visa card home.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.