JCOAKML
Contributor Level: Captain

RCCL cancelling all 2018 stops in Turkey

http://www.cruisemapper.com/news/3202-royal-caribbean-drops-all-visits-turkey-2018

Such a shame.  I loved my time in Turkey.  I'd go there again in a heart beat.  Even now. 

Tags: Royal Caribbean Royal Caribbean Cruise Line RCCL Turkey

4 Answers

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

If it is unsafe to visit, it is unsafe.  I know how disappointing that is.  I missed Egypt on a cruise because it was unsafe. 

BonMike

It's disappointing when as port is cancelled, but better to be safe.

My son was in Egypt just this week for work and was safe, but the last time he was there, there was a conflict going on as he was heading to the airport Nd he heard the bullets flying. I was so glad he got out! 

Kennicott

We were on a cruise beginning in mid November a year ago, on which the two day visit to Turkey had been canceled. They canceled in mid summer. I wasn't aware that any cruise line visited Turkey since they declared marshal law last year

JusMe

It is a shame when ports are canceled due to local issues.   It is a downer for us not to be able to visit but it is the locals that suffer and have to live through the issues.  I'm glad I got to see Turkey when I did and if things settle down and it is safe I'd be more then happy to go back there is so much more of that country I'd like to see. 

For years the west coast of Mexico was off limits to cruising as almost all lines pulled ships out and now it is back as port stops.  I hope Turkey can return to being a safe place for its people and for others to visit.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.