Question

What is the closest to sail date you can book ?   I believe it used to be a week away, but I thought that changed in recent years.

thanks

Tags:

9 Answers

Some web sites have them that leave the next day.

That would be so nice to have the time and finances to be able to wake up in the morning and say "I think I'll book a cruise and go tomorrow". Perhaps retired people living in cruise port cities can do it. 

Would be great, but not for a number of years or a Lottery win for me.

I believe the deadline varies by cruise line.  Supposedly the manifest is submitted to TSA 48 hours prior to sailing, but last-minute bookings are not impossible.

For some reason I thought passenger manifests were now turned in with 14 days til sail date, but could be modified for another 7 days ( except of course for last minute cancellations ).     I was asking because a friend of ours is thinking of joining us, but is hesitating.  I don't know why, we have all sailed together before.  But with only 15 days left til we leave, they may have only a few days to decide.

thanks for the help

I thought I read on FV about Carnival having a pack and sail to keep as many cabins filled.

Gnerally seems to be 48 to 72 hours, but the sailing may be sold prior to that

Thank you

With the new security concerns, i think that you need to book further out.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.