Photos!

Ok so to make this cruise related I take,a lot of pictures on cruises. I decided to start this thread to help the younger folks on the forum and to inform some of you what you may have in to look forward to if you are like me.... I retired 8years ago, I said I’m going through all our photos and decide what’s worth keeping and what to get rid of.

I was slow to come into the digital world. As a matter of fact it was a cruise ship photograph on a Princess ship that brought me into the future, but I digress.

For over a week now I have been spending 3 to 5hr a day going through boxes of printed pictures and over 12,000 slides. Where it has been fun going down memory lane, it has been a daunting task. My wife and I will look at each other and ask where are we and who are those people! We figured it out 50% of the time. We have fill our recycling bin with discarded pictures.

At least my 40 year old slide projector still worksHappy

Sorry for the long post. Do yourself a favor, organize discard and for goodness sake label and write down where and who. Thanks for letting run on.

Tags: Photo

5 Answers

I had to do that task when my parents passed away.   I got through a lot of them but still have a few boxes full in the garage.  Some of the photo's are over 100 years old from back in Europe,   I have no idea of who the people are or what town they were in.

The nice part was Mom and Dad had purchased photo's taken on each cruise.  I can go through the photo's seeing them age.   It was nice to see them over a period of 35 years being happy on a cruise.   

I am not a person who enjoys looking back through photos, but I am the exception in our family.  My solution:  let the kids have them now--they are sorting through and scanning them so they will all have a digital copy.  Plus, we are still around to tell them who and what the photos are of, and my 90 year old Mom is still sharp enough to remember more than I can.  Our girls were basically clones of each other when they were small, so if I get one wrong, nobody is the wiser Big Smile

One of our former travel mates has her album assembled as soon as she gets home.  Sometimes it seems sooner.  

My Mom has been going through all of her photos and it has been fun being part of that.  When we first started cruising I was good about putting the photos in an album and labeling all of them.  Now that we are digital.. not so much. 

Good topic!

Very Smart!Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.