Pets

I love my cat Eloise.  I call her Weezie.  I have been lucky in the past to have my neighbor take care of her at home for a week or ten days. Once I had to kennel her and I hated seeing her in that cage and also the 16 dollar a day cost.  What do all of  you do with your pets?  Whether it a cat, dog, bird or goldfish?  Thanks...

7 Answers

DD has a friend who comes by daily to feed and water our eight year old cat, Lucy.  He volunteers to do it for free but I'm glad to pay him well.

When we last moved, Lucy got under a recliner and sat upright for four days, only getting out to eat and use her litter box while we were sleeping.  I doubt she would be thrilled with a trip to a kennel

We hire someone to come in and feed them. When we had the dog, we paid for someone to stay overnight.

We invite my brother in law to spend his vacation at our house.

We have cats too. Family always stopped by the house to take care of them and play a while.  

Now we own a two family and my sister and BiL live upstairs. When we go away, my youngest brother stays at our place and hangs out with the cat(s). 

This is Gert. She is our newest kit-cat. Five months old and full of mischief. She was helping me with Thanksgiving dinner in this shot.

Anyway, we appreciate that family cares for our fur-children.

Cats are cool.Happy

We have had someone come in and stay with our 2 little dogs, and we've also had them go to "camp". The couple who own the pet camp are amazing. Small dogs are kept separate from big dogs and they spend different time outside with the toys, playhouses etc. The pets stay in huge trailers with couches, pet beds, mats, and a TV kept on all day. They are never put into kennels. The owner has an intercom system set up so that if she hears any mischief she can immediately check on the pets. All we need to do is say "want to go to camp" and our little guys get so excited. They love it and it makes us feel good leaving them behind. The owner also sends us pictures of the dogs while we are on vacation, showing them playing or sleeping with their new friends.

When I traveled the pups would go to stay with friends or family.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.