Passports

This might sound like a silly question and i am sorry for that but this being my first cruise i wanted to know.

When you get off on a port do you need to take your passport with you to get back in the ship? 

Tags: Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the seas

27 Answers

No, you do not. It is recommended that you leave it locked away in your safe in the room to prevent theft. You will use your "Sign and Sail/ship issued" card to get on and off.

PS. Not a silly question, no need to apologize! I am so jealous of your 8 day count down! Happy sailing!

Thank you!!! i am excited and nervous all in one, like i said this is our first cruise and i do not know what to expect.  

First, expect to have the time of your life! When it comes to getting off the ship, don't take your valuables. Don't take anything you would be distraught about losing, Once you are on board it becomes a cashless, ID-less environment, All of your details are attached to your card. Carry it everywhere! Put it on a lanyard or bracelet or something close. In port take spending and tipping money. Take lots of photos as well!

However, in some ports you need a "government ID"  AND your ship's card to get back on the ship.  All that means is your driver's license (military ID, etc.)  We also carry a photo copy of the picture page from our passport inour wallets (just in case). We do NOT carry the passports into the ports of call unless specifically told to do so, for exactly the reason annabellalee mentioned.

Have fun!

I did for get about that! Thanks AuntPinkie!

I am getting ready for our cruise so it is at the top of my mind.  It is easy to forget the small details when we are not on the ship.Wink

Like many we carry our drivers license, sign and sail and cards plus a photo copy of our passports.

Like everyone said, take your ship card and driver's license/ID.  And do NOT be late returning to the ship--it will leave without you if you are late enough.  I also want to reiterate what someone else said about bringing valuables.  When in port, I would recommend you don't bring any flashy/expensive jewelry--rings, necklaces, watches.  There is no need to make yourself a target.  Also, if you plan on swimming don't wear your jewelry in the water.  I am always shocked when I see women in the water (ocean) with large diamond rings.  If you lose it, you will NOT find it again.

For sure, never bring anything valuable. Also limit the amount of cash you carry. We also carry a credit card with a 500 dollar limit.

Thanks for all these trips!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.