Oasis April 30th 2016

This will be our first on RC. Have done three previous with Carnival. What can We expect different? 

Tags: Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

7 Answers

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

This is a much larger ship.  Be prepared for lots of passengers.  You will be surprised though to see how well the ship is organized.  Get to know the deck plan of the ship ahead of time.  Sign up for dinner reservations and show times.  I loved all the differnt places to eat and all the variety of shows.  Skip the buffet restaurant on embarkation day.  It is too crowded.  

noname111
Contributor Level: Captain

Glomarrone has some great pointers.  Also, I suggest leaving yourselves a bit more time to get to different locations on the ship because of its size.

We have a ocean balcony on deck 8, its a hump.

diddley
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

get to know the ship first day, elevators are at front and back because of the centre cut out for central park and boardwalk, save steps by checking where your plans are for the day front or back of ship, this will be my 6th cruise on the oasis class doing a back to back sept12 and 19. I have learned to book aft close to elevator rather than mid ship on this class due to no elevators in centre of ship, you will love this ship, if going to central park café for lunch go after reg lunch time and no crowds, it is complimentary and you will love it, also Johnny rockets on the boardwalk is complimentary for breakfast, nicer than buffet for breakfast. Book your shows online by going to RCC site and click on my reservation, book shows as soon as possible, pay time restaurants usually 75 days before cruise before you can book

billoh
Contributor Level: Purser

We look forward to being on the ship with you.  This will be our 3rd cruise on this class of ship. We have done Allure twice.   Study the deck plans, it will help you learn your way onboard before you board.  It will help you avoid crowds and get around easier.  All 3 times were on the Eastern itinerary. Love St Martin.

Hampy

You will LOVE this ship, so much to see and do, there is seriously never a dull moment.  Get to the Solarium (adult pool) early if you want a front row chaise, but it is worth it for the ocean view.  Zipline is a blast-short and sweet but a must do.  The water show is wonderful, but if seas are rough they will cancel for safety reasons, once you see it you will understand and they always have more scheduled but you might try to make this one of your first shows just in case.  Central Park can get busy as Diddly said, but if you avoid peak breakfast and lunch hour it is a great place to go, be sure to get one of the tables outside to really enjoy it.    Have a great time! 

Bubba54

Have a great cruise!Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.