nostalgia personified-------Titanic ll

How many of you waiting with bated breath for bookings to open up on the new Titanic ll?

Personally, I'm game, but I would hold off for maybe 6 months to a year though until they get the bugs worked out and pricing hysteria cools off. However, I wonder how sales will hold after the nostalgia mystique wears down. All inside or window view staterooms don't market very well in today's cruising era of balconies, which also leads me to wonder how long will it take them to do away with formal dress and reconfigure most aspects of the interior in order to satisfy tastes and desires of today's guests? Like flat screen T.Vs, modern gym equipment, etc.  So much for the days of yore. I notice that they didn't provide a view of a third class stateroom either.

https://cruisefever.net/work-resumes-on-titanic-ii-full-size-replica-of-the-original-ship/

26 Answers

I would visit the ship as an attraction, or a short theme cruise. Like a dress up period event. But I can see the eventual changes due to tastes and demand.

Without seeing a price list, I can't really say if I would be interested or not.

If they and Princess were at the same price for the same itinerary, though, I would probably choose princess.

No thanks...as a curiousity I'll check it out inline...seems to me I vaguely remember that sailors are superstitious...(hah!)..giving another ship that name is ….sacrilegious...

It may be a cool experience just for the nostalgia value but I like many are spoiled by the current crop of ships. 

The ship will seem small. Not sure if I'd be willing to book.

Yea,  I'm a little skeptical about the vessels size and statistics here as well.  If the Titanic ll has 12 ft more beam than the original, then that makes it 104 ft. wide. They don't talk about the length yet. The original was 882 feet long and 92 feet wide. The new one will have 9 decks which is about what the original had. They don't say anything about the new gross tonnage, but the original was about 46,000 gross tons.

Comparing this new ship to a ship we have been on a lot, the Seven Seas Mariner, gives me concern. The Mariner is 48,075 gross tons, 709 feet long and 95 feet wide. It carries 700 passengers and a crew of 445, it has 8 decks. So here is the issue, these two vessels will be close to the same size but on the Titanic ll they will put 2400 passengers and a crew of 900 on it.

Tad cramped wouldn't you say?         

OHMYGOSH!!!!! I have been praying and waiting and waiting for this to open up!!!!!!!!! #dreamcometrue ...... I HAVE to go! :D

Love

As was with the Titanic I, the First Class passengers will have plenty of room and service. The third-class, however, will be crammed into the hold.

Hold that thought ... with all the extra passengers I wonder if they have addressed the concern that the original did not have sufficient life boats. 

Yknow, some folks LIKE those old recreations...reenacting battles from the War Between The States, Medieval Times, etc.....go out of their way for absolute authenticity...so I think they should recreate the sinking.....but do it someplace where everybody can watch...ummm...Bermuda???

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.