MrChocoholic
Contributor Level: Captain

Review by vgosal

dirty ship

In response to review, MrChocoholic says ...

Wow, apparently you were staying on a different part of the ship I was in. My stewardess took better care of me than my mother AND my doctor. Chocolate on my pillow every night. Ice in the bucket replaced twice daily. I talked to a couple of deckhands who were chipping and painting all along the Sports Court and railings. Cartagena was (relatively) clean, friendly, and gorgeous to look at--totally photogenic with the colonial architecture. The entertainment was---so bad I slept through that "comedian" Fred Deville or whatever he was named. The Motown group was decent. The dancers were--amateurish. Costa Maya was the WORST--completely artificial Disney-like tourist stop. Nothing to do but shop for overpriced jewelry, eat overpriced Tex-Mex crap. Get out of town to the ruin.‚ 

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal Central America

4 Answers

noname111
Contributor Level: Captain

Thank you for posting your review.‚ 

It is unfortunate that the issues you noted affected your enjoyment of going through the Panama Canal. That is a wonder in and of itself but your rating of neutral indicates you felt otherwise.‚ 

Hope future sails go better for you. BY THE WAY, check out the ship facts prior to booking a cruise on her. This may help you narrow down the field by focusing on new ships or ships with recent refurbishment. ‚ All ships are going to show some rust... they are metal and float on salt water (mostly) -> never a good combination.

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Have you contacted the cruise line directly about your concerns?

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

Sorry to read about the problems that you encountered on your cruise.‚  On the first day, we find our steward and tell hi/her about our requests.‚  We always ask for an extra delivery of ice daily.‚  If there is no ice bucket in the room we request one and ask for it to be delivered ona twice daily schedule.‚  We also ask for two Daily Programs.‚  We don't hesitate to tip for extra service.‚  We did go on one cruise where we never saw our steward.‚  We communicated by notes left in the cabin for him.‚ 

mrbrown
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

It helped reply. Thanks!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.