Contributor Level: Captain

Review by Cruiser268

NCL Getaway June 2016

In response to review, Johngold says ...

The charges should have been explained to you on your contract or by your travel agent. If you have cruised before you would have been made aware that that is the case. On each of the sites they explain there is a daily fee, which can be prepaid. ‚ I am receiving a Beverage package for free next year , but I still have to pay the tips. Now I do not know if I will still have to pay on board for when the waiter brings me the drink, but I would not be surprised if that happens.

We often hear of the nickel and dime approach of the lines. Maybe we should start a discussion on that.

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Caribbean - Western Norwegian Getaway

1 Answer

Contributor Level: Captain

I've never had the experience (yet) of the constant up-sell. I know what to expect with specialty drinks, shopping, and certain aspects, but have noticed things like popcorn for movies are $2 (really...) and they try and sell the spa products or booking a spa/specialty restaurant with deals... but that's also expected (and I look for them actually!)

* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.