Review by john34791287

Norwegian Breakaway 14-Day Cruise to Caribbean Departing New York January 2nd, 2017

In response to review, DKB says ...

I am very sorry that you had such a terrible time on this cruise however this is a forum for comments about a particular cruise, you seem to be directing your comments to the cruise line. What you need to do is send these comments directly to the cruise line not on a community forum.

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Breakaway Caribbean - Southern

10 Answers

As unfortunate as your experience was, it seems to me this review is a copy & paste of a letter you may be sending to the cruise line. I do appreciate you taking the time to post your review here but would appreciate it more if you kept the review to the point. For me, way too long. A review this long may be ok when read by a customer service rep at the cruise line as it does go into detail about your issues. For me, I am looking for reviews that are to the point of your experience as there is nothing I can do about your specific events which in most cases, don't apply to me.

Crusin Tim,

‚ 

Ditto

I was so disheartened to read what your wife & your family had to go through on this cruise.‚ 

I actually appreciated reading the failures of the cruise line. Rather than the usual "The cruise was terrible", this poster actually detailed the "why's" of his opinion.

I only hope that the OP sent this letter to NCL HQ. There is no excuse for service (or‚  disservice) of this level.

Huh? Would you please repeat that? I missed something. Like...everything between from your first complaint to your final problem. In my opinion, I would NEVER go on Breakaway, Epic or any other megaship. I would NEVER cruise out of New York/New Jersey. (Or Texas.) I was on Norwegian Pearl in a wheelchair and experienced similar obstacles--carts and piled plates. Who cares? TOO MUCH DETAIL! Check out my video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEPvrzpCBGM&t=35s

Well said, well said ....

Wow. We would be very interested in the kind of response that you get from NCL on this. Have you also reached out to your TA that you booked this cruise through? If so what was their response?

The passageways are much narrower on the Breakaway than other ships. ‚ The carts and dishes in the passageway make‚ it very difficult or nearly impossible to get by in a walker much less a wheelchair.‚ 

Ejan if that's measurably narrower, that's a problem. Even two inches could be "much narrower" when you're built like the typical American cruiser, equipped with a mobility device other than a good old cane. Underscore my dislike for megaships--although Liberty of the Seas or Destiny (now Carnival Sunshine)‚ didn't seem to have particularly narrow passageways.‚ 

Hi, MrChocoholic.  We had a regular balcony cabin when we were on the Breakaway.  I use a walker, but I only need it for safety's sake if the ship rocks or rolls.  That being said, I could not use the walker to get down the passageways when they were cleaning the rooms and I could not get into my room using the walker because the doorway and hallway into the room was so narrow.  We've been on other ships and have not experience this.  The previous year we were on the Celebrity Summit and I fractured by sacrum.  They issued me a wheelchair and I had no trouble getting through the hallways and I think I could get into the regular verandah cabin with it--but my memory is a little foggy on this.  

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.