SimonCommunity
Contributor Level: Captain

NEWS: Virgin Cruises Close to a Contract for Two 170,000 Gross Ton Ships

Cruise Fever Reports: Virgin Cruises Close to a Contract for Two 170,000 Gross Ton Ships

Tags: Virgin Cruises

6 Answers

JusMe

More competition is a good thing in the industry to try and keep service up and prices down.  From the article I do not think I would go on one o the ships as he is targeting the young clients that typically do not cruise,  I do not fit either of those demographics  Sad

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

I wish the new company lots of success.  It may introduce a new clientele to cruising.  Who knows, if it is home based in Florida, I may get to sail with them someday.  

Bubba54

I with you.

noname111

Interesting and good for the cruise industry.  Unlikely we will be going on these ships as we do not fall into that demographic either.

BAK1061

Pretty exclusive clientele no ?   I mean, the Carnival Paradise was a failure, and that was for non smokers.      And how do you show proof ?  Of being, you know.......   Do you risk getting kicked off in the middle of the voyage if, let's say,  you hook up with someone ?    Oh wait, it's a Richard Branson thing right ?    Will they be selling vouchers on board for trips into space ?

I really should read more than just the title of some of these threads.

BAK1061

Yup, here it is.  I only remember because of my usual smarta$$ response. Wink

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.