SimonCommunity
Contributor Level: Captain

NEWS: Norwegian Raising Gratuities For Second Time in 2015

Cruise Fever reports: Norwegian Raising Gratuities For Second Time in 2015

Beginning on August 1, 2015, daily gratuities will rise to $13.50 per person, per day, up from the $12.95 rate that passengers currently pay.  Passengers staying in suites will pay $15.50 per person, per day.

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Gratuities Service Charges

3 Answers

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

I wonder how this will go over with passengers?

Bubba54

It seems as though NCL management is trying all kinds of things to raise the bottom line. First charging for room service, then trying to say you can not take food out of the buffet or any other venue. That one backfired. Now they are changing specialty restaurants to a la carte. I keep hearing that service is not what it used to be on NCL. I will see in two weeks!

JusMe

I have the feeling if I go on NCL after I get on the ship I will be held upside down and shaken so all the NICKLES and DIMES fall out of my pockets.  They are increasing the tipping but the service levels are dropping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.