NEWS: Carnival's new fathom cruise line to sail to Cuba in 2016

Cruise Fever reports Carnival Corporation Approved for Cruises to Cuba

"Carnival Corporation & plc, the world’s largest travel and leisure company, today announced that the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Department of Commerce granted approval for the company to begin travel to Cuba. Carnival Corporation intends to take travelers to Cuba beginning in May 2016 via its newly launched fathom brand – a new social impact travel brand providing purpose-oriented, social impact experiences, initially in the Dominican Republic."

Tags: fathom Carnival Corp Cuba

6 Answers

Price is way to high. 

I'll just take that 6 foot inflatable ship please.  Wink

Far too expensive for what it is. Once the novelty wears off, the price will come down.  Kind of like when a new ship is launched, I think.

I would not mind a port stop in Cuba.

I will not spend my time, nor my money, to rebuild their country.

It is their own government's fault that the US is not allowed to help. Change the government, and I may change my mind.

(Something about missiles literally being pointed at my back yard)

Does this mean Cuban cigars are once again legal here ?   There is a guy downtown who wants to expand his fake Louis Vitton & Rolex line to include counterfeit Cuban cigars.   His table is on the sidewalk just off Broadway, on Ann Street.  Near J&R Music.  

I just got an e-mail from Princess for the fathom cruise as well.

I'm wondering how wide this concept will reach.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.