SimonCommunity
Contributor Level: Captain

NEWS: Carnival’s Cheap Internet Plans Going Fleetwide by 2016

Cruise Fever reports:  Carnival’s Cheap Internet Plans Going Fleetwide by 2016

"Carnival Cruise Line has announced that their affordable Internet plans, starting at just $5 per day, will be available on every ship in the fleet by early 2016."

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines Internet

6 Answers

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

That's great news! I manage four FaceBook pages, and I really need to keep them up.

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

I don't need to keep up with my Facebook page but I do need internet for emails which costs more than $5 a day.

noname111

I appreciate hearing one of the major lines is taking a more reasonable approach to Internet charges... unfortunately, this is only extending to the Carnival fleet, not the entire fleet under the Carnival corporate umbrella (e.g, Princess, HAL). We just prepaid for service on our upcoming Pacific adventure in order to get 80 bonus minutes. It's a long cruise so I'll happily pay in advance for extra time.

Our cruises used to be pure vacation time. Though I don't manage FB pages, I have my own business.  Over the past year that changed and now our travels have been more for a change-of-scenery and to keep life interesting. While that might sound great, it is a result of illness so take that for what it is worth. 

In any event, Internet access is essential and those charges are a given travel expense. Bringing work with me is a necessity. That said, I felt penalized by high Internet access charges.  Internet access is not a luxury and should not be charged as if it is, especially in light of the fact that connectivity pales in comparison to land-based service (but that is an entirely different topic). Perhaps Carnival is recognizing that keeping Internet fees semi-reasonable actually welcomes those of us who have to bring our work with us.

JusMe

Being retired and only working on a project here and there I doubt I will use internet on board a ship.   I can see how for a lot of people it will be great to have it on their trip, I prefer to be on vacation and not know every thing going on for the week to month.  I can always hit a cafe with free internet in a port and check on e-mail or make calls on VOIP.

I can only hope that internet at sea will work the same as on land and the kids will then spend all of their time glued to the lap tops and tablets in their cabins (one can be hopeful)

RCI is installing new internet on some sips from what I have heard and I'm sure all cruise lines will move in this direction.

Bubba54

Hopefully other cruise lines will follow.

WeCruiseToo

We can never be 100% off work so anything that makes internet access less stressful / faster / cheaper is a welcome addition to our cruising plans!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.