New TSA Policy on Acceptable IDs for flying from 9 States - January, 2018

Is your state one of these?

Tags: new TSA policy on IDs in 9 states

7 Answers

I live in Nevada and just renewed my driver's license. I opted to renew by mail rather than a trip to the DMV so I did not change to the REAL ID yet which I think will become a requirement everywhere.

The funny part about cruising is that I tend to use my passport at the airport anyway since I am carrying it with my documents.

We are in KY, and post offices are holding passport fairs to get as many folks processed as possible. The bigger issue here is that passports will be required to go on military bases. Fort Knox has a lot of civilian employees & contractors, and the neighboring towns are popular with retired military folks.

Luckily, the last adult in our family got her passport a week or so ago, so we are all set for whatever comes.

This is the first time ever that I can remember not having to surrender my old license so now I have 2 (albeit one is expired). I found that odd ...

We live in Washington and I got all 4 of us Enhanced Driver's Licenses which can be used instead of passports in some places at $108 each. Then after they charged so many of us for it, to find out we will need a passport anyway at $140 each. The state is just doing it to get as much money as they can before they are held accountable by the law in January. I am pissed and so are a lot of people. Basically $430 dollars for nothing. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of lawsuits in this state.

Passports are issued by the country, not the state.

I'm good, Alaska not on list.Happy

I do the same.


* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.

Back to Top