NCL Stock and Tier Equality on Oceania

Due to their miserly prices, I took a lot of NCL cruises but now with an inheritance (if you want to leave your heirs money, buy housing in the San Francisco Bay Area, in almost 40 years the property appreciates almost 10-20X what you pay for it!) I want to try more of the upscale cruises. Since NCL owns Oceania, I thought of buying stock (kind of my rebate on traveling on the more expensive cruise line ;-)) but does anyone know if you get the same stockholder perks that you get on NCL and also I think that I have been told that if you are on a certain tier level on Royal Caribbean, you would be on the same tier level on their sister company ships, Celebrity, would that work the same way on NCL where I am a Platinum and Oceania? I admit with all the benefits and privileges of Oceania that may be a moot point as a low tier on them is better than a high tier on NCL  !! NOT interested in the Haven, as a solo traveler, do not stay much in the room, so do not need the space. I realize that this may not be answered as probably as most people on NCL cruises do not take Oceania and vice versa (LOL) but maybe a travel professional or someone that knows a lot about them can answer. BTW, Oceania´s office is closed this weekend (and NCL bookers do not know) so can not ask O now and another reason to post maybe there is ONE other person like me who wants to do this and know also LQTM !!

Tags: Oceania Cruises NCL shareholder perks and tier equality with Oceania

0 Answers

I do have Carnival stock & get on board credit for every cruise that I take on any of their ships under the parent company of Carnival.  I travel a lot on HAL so this is a great perk.  I used to have RCCL stock but I sold it when it really increased in value.  I was only able to use it on one cruise since RCCL doe not let you stack your perks.  But, I made enough profit to make the stock worthwhile.  It just didn't workk for the reason that I bought it originally like the Carnivasl stock worked.  Cruise lines do change things around so it would be best to call the company and find out what the deal is. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.