I have traveled to Alaska and the Panama. Will be going to Australia/New Zealand. Now I am wondering where my next cruise will be. Need some HELP...
NAME your TOP 3 favorite CRUISES!
We have little cruise experience, having only gone on 5 so far with 2 more booked. My favourite would have to be our cruise on the Sunshine last spring with port stops in Grand Turk, San Juan, St. marten and St. Kitts. I also enjoyed our cruise on the Miracle with port stops in Cabo, PV and Mazatlan, and our very first cruise with stops in Key West and Cozumel.
I'm afraid my favorite won't help you much. My number one is the first cruise... because I found it romantic and it started our cruising passion. The second would be sailing with my Dad, as it opened him up to talking about ships he sailed in WWII that he never before talked about. The third is still out there. I would always recommend the Panama Canal Transit... but you did that already. Alaska is also a wonderful adventure, especially for anyone living in the plains or away from mountains. We have enjoyed the Caribbean a great deal and we are looking forward toward the California coast in September. We have friends that think we should put the Mediterranean on our to do list. Good luck, be sure to tell us what you decide.
Welcome to the forum.
Very hard to say: But if you pin me down---# 1 Was an almost three month circumnavigation of Africa on HAL, including an east bound TA all ending in Lisbon-----#2 Two weeks--- out of Argentina on Princess which included Antarctica when the larger vessels were still allowed down there.---#3 One month on Regent which included all of the Holy Land including, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Red Sea, etc ending in Dubai. Ask me this again and I will probably change the list of my favorites. Very close are: The Baltic's including G.B. and Iceland---The Amazon---Western Pacific, War ll cruise---South Pacific including Australia---New England--- Circumnavigation of most of S.A.---Alaska----And the list goes on.
My favorite 3 cruises was my first on Carnival Conquest, was used to a haze gray warship for 4 years then stepping onto a floating palace, got me hooked. Second was to Alaska, 3rd was thru to panama canal and going to Colombia and santa marta.
Not much experience outside of the Caribbean, but my #1 cruise was a 10 day southern Caribbean on the Royal Princess, my #2 was a 7 day Alaska Seattle RT on the Celebrity Solstice. My #3 was the Carnival Magic 7 day Western to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I am looking forward to getting over to Europe and the South Pacific, but that won't be in the near future.
Leaving out of NY offers only 4 or 5 options.
our favourite is Bermuda
we also like going to Canada
then there are times we don’t care about the destination. We’re happy to just be on board a ship.
1. 10 night Greek Island cruise on Celebrity Equinox (2012). You have to see the Greek Islands, beautiful to see, friendly people, great food, local beer and wine. We did 1 week pre and post cruise in Rome. I want to go back to Greece.
2. 14 night transatlantic from Rome to Florida on Celebrity Equinox (2011). Nothing like 7 sea days in row to just relax and enjoy a 5 star ship and ship life. We did a week pre cruise in Rome.
3. 7 night Alaska cruise on the Dawn Princess (1997) with a friend and my parents. The ship not so good, memories of the trip with the parents when they were healthy and younger worth every cent. Alaska is also a must see destination. The photo's you see do not do it justice, it is natures beauty like no other place. No pre or post cruise stay, I was still working back then.
1. Viking Serenade, Baja cruise, my first cruise (1996)
2. Adventure of the Seas, transatlantic San Juan P.R. to South Hampton UK (2013). first time on that class of a ship. Loved it. Also loved the week pre cruise in old San Juan and the post cruise weeks London.
3. Carnival Victory , Bahama's (2016). This makes mention not for the destination but for the entertainment, it was a Concert Series cruise with Journey performing on the ship (extra charge and reservations needed) The show was great, ship was clean, food was good and it was the first cruise with some friends that started a once a year cruise together.
1. Panama Canal cruise
2. River cruise in Europe
3. 90 day cruise around the world (doubt I'll find friends with that much time off to go with me.
Hmmm, Mediterranean sounds interesting.
We have friends that think we should put the Mediterranean on our to do list. Good luck, be sure to tell us what you decide.
Hmmm, Mediterranean sounds interesting. and thank you for the warm welcome