Redi2Go
Contributor Level: Purser

Manhattan terminal parking an alternatives

leaving out of Manhattan for a ten day cruise on January 2nd an was seeing what others had done for parking arrangement other than at the terminal. We are planing on staying at a hotel just out side of the city the night before due to it being a 5 an a half hour drive and would like to avoid weather being an issue. Im not opposed to hiring a car to bring us right from the hotel to the port if I could leave the car there with out an issue. Thank you

Tags:

8 Answers

OldGreyWolf
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

When sailing out of the Manhattan terminal we have always driven the day before and stayed in a hotel in NJ about an hour away from the port and then slide in during the late morning on cruise day. There may be alternate parking off site but we have always parked right at the terminal. The parking is on the roof of the terminal and makes it easy for departure after. Rates are here

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

You will have to park first and then take your luggage downstairs to the second level for check-in.

I really enjoy it because it is very convenient especially when disembarking.

Cheers,

Redi2Go
Contributor Level: Purser

I saw the parking there when I booked, do you know if the 25% off is a running and they just change the dates every 2 weeks or so? Thank you

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

The  one time that we departed from NY, we took a flight and took the ship's transfer. 

BAK1061
Contributor Level: Captain

Depending where you are staying, there could be several ways of getting into Manhattan. The question is, where do you end up in Manhattan ?   Remember, you'll be traveling with luggage, so avoid busses, other than shuttle busses.  

Parking at the port is $40/ nite, up to a max of 10 nights.  There are several off site lots that have online specials.  Type in keywords; NY pier parking, or Pier 88 parking and there should be a link. Let me see if I can find something and I'll post it.

Here is one site:http://www.manhattancruiseparking.com/       They have a $28/nite coupon.  Hey $12 is $12. Adds up to $84 savings.

I'm not endorsing them, I just found the info. The search will give you more options.

BAK1061

Jan 2nd ?   NCL I assume. More than 7 days right ?  Well, the port charges are $40/nite up to a max of 10 nights.  So the most you would pay is $400.  

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Parking in NYC is like paying rent. Does the hotel have a shuttle that could bring you to the port? If they charge for parking your car, it will be a lot cheaper than the terminal.

BAK1061

Obviously you don't live in my building.  My monthly parking fee is $300/month alone. And no, I can't live in my car.

BAK1061

Of course I will no longer be paying those exorbitant rates since I now live about 1/2 hr.  from the pier. A cab or car service will take us down now.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.