SimonCommunity
Contributor Level: Captain

Majesty of the Seas to Leave Royal Caribbean Fleet in 2016

Gene Sloan at USA Today's CruiseLog is reporting that Majesty of the Seas, Royal Caribbean's last Sovereign-class ship, will leave the fleet in April of 2016:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/11/21/majesty-seas-royal-caribbean/19332473/

Majesty of the Seas is the most-reviewed cruise ship here on the site, with over 1400 reviews and counting. Despite being over 22 years old, she's earned a respectable 4-star rating: http://cruiseline.com/ship/majesty-of-the-seas

What do you think of the news? Does the end of the Sovereign-class era make you nostalgic, happy or somewhere in between?

(photo from Cruiseline.com member "weekendgetaway")

Tags: Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas Sovereign-Class

2 Answers

JusMe
Contributor Level: Captain

It will be sad to see her go. I was on the Monarch many times and always liked the ship except for the tiny cabins. I mean the headboard was the back wall and the foot board of the bed was the shower wall on one side of the cabin. It was good enough for 3 or 4 night cruises. The mega ships are taking over at RCCL. I still miss Song Of America :-)

There is something comforting about a small easy to get around ship where you get more feel of being on a ship and not a floating resort.

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

If you had a good experience on a ship, you hate to see it retired.  But I also enjoy going on the newer ships.  They have newer technology, nicer decor and everything is clean and upgraded.  So, I have mixed feelings. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.