I agree totally!
here is my reasoning,,, we went to Niagara Falls a year ago for one of the boys HS graduations. here is a breakdown 6 ppl went:
- from NC it is a 12 hr drive to the falls, 2 tanks of gas
- to Miami it is also a 12 hr drive 2 tanks of gas
ONCE we reach the port no more driving! were as we still drove around Niagara.
overnight stay for both on trips
- meals when in Niagara,,, $40 for breakfast $80 for lunch $120 for supper PLUS approx. $20 for extra snacks - one day up to $260 * 4 = 1040
- excursions - $50 per person for a 3 item ticket in niagra - $300 that is enough for us to do something for one day some days we just hung out so that total I about $800.
- we caught a deal on the Ontario side of the falls for $80 a night for a room that would sleep 6 this was 6/1 5 days at 80 = $400 not including the 15% sales tax and extra tourist fees
subtotal - 2240
We are going after Thanksgiving to Caymans and Jamaica - 2 ocean view rooms with 3 jn each room $2403 with normal food included. we will get an excursion in both places so that will run about $700 total for what we are looking at. not figuring in grats since we tip at hotels and restaurants, we will be using auto grats on cruise, plus pay extra to cabin stewards. One thing is that I do not have to arrange food plans,, if we all want to eat at different places, we can, while at a land based place we have to agree on where to go.
I did not include parking for you have to pay to park at both Niagara and the port so that is a wash.