Itinerary Change

Hi

I have just received an email informing me that our itinerary has been changed. Originally we were docking at Long Beach but this has been changed to Los Angeles. Will this prove to be a positive change ? I have no idea as this is our very first cruise. I did have an excursion booked via the ship for long beach so I am hoping they will refund us or at least honour the excursion. Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Tags: Princess Cruises

6 Answers

Welcome to Cruiseline!  Since your excursion was booked through Princess, they will make things right.

Enjoy your new addiction.  You are starting off with a valuable lesson--go with the flow and don't let the small things ruin your cruise.  Happy

I always thought Los Angeles referred to the Long Beach port and they were used interchangeably since Long Beach is so close to LA. Definitely check with Princess, because they're so close maybe your excursion won't be affected and you can still go on it. 

Long Beach and San Pedro Cruise Terminals are both often referred to as Los Angeles.  Sounds like you're going to San Pedro instead of Long Beach. 

(There is actually no cruise terminal in Los Angeles and the city is several miles away from either city.)

Long Beach and San Pedro Cruise Terminals are approx. 7.5 miles apart.  So I don't think your excursion is going to be cancelled.  Give Princess Cruises a call.  Their customer service is very good.  I've never had a problem with them.  They are always glad to answer my questions over the phone.  

From the above sounds like all is good in the world and you will not have any issues. And I need to say .... welcome aboard.

I suggest that you contact Princess to be sure of where you will pick up your ship & if your excursion will be cancelled.. 

Yes, on Carnival Magic they didn't go to St. Thomas and they gave us our money back + OBC. So I'm sure Princess will make it right. I would also contact them just to make you aware of what is going on. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.