bowiewhist
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

India/Sri Lanka/Maldives March 2018

We've booked to go on a two week back to back cruise next year and despite having cruised before it has been a while and we are new to this part of the world too.

I'd welcome some advice - especially from those who have visited these destinations before and from those who have sailed on this ship recently. We're in an inside cabin on deck 4 amid ships.

1) Would you recommend the drinks packages - we've never encountered this before - one of us would like some coffees and maybe a glass of wine with dinner and perhaps we'd appreciate water in a hot climate so what is the best value way of achieving this? I don't mind paying for a special cocktail here and there as it will be a rarity.

2) There used to be somewhere you could link up with others rostered on the same cruise so that you could meet up to share excursions - I don't seem to be able to find this anymore. We're a couple of friends who would love to meet new people while exploring the ports and surrounds.

3) Dining options - we'd love to be seated with others who are gregarious and chatty - can we opt for a large table to meet others over lunch/dinner? As we are not a couple the last thing we want is a table a deux!

4) Any other comments or suggestions about the ship and us getting the most from the trip?

Thanks all

Bow

Tags: drinks tips tours advice India Costa Cruises Costa 2018 Costa neoClassica

4 Answers

Bubba54
Contributor Level: Captain

The drink package depends on how much you drink. For me it is not worth it as my does not drink and I would not drink $50 a day anyway.

as far as linking up join the roll call for your cruise.

advise your Maitre'd upon your embarkation you would like a large table.

enjoy your cruise.

bowiewhist

Thanks Bubba54 - I think some of your message is missing as there seem to be sections blank and words missed out. I am puzzled about "join the roll call" as that is exactly what I would love to do but I don't know where to find this - so please can you give me a steer?

Much appreciated.

Bubba54
Contributor Level: Captain

Sure, Roll Call is where you can go to hook up with people going on your cruise. On this website on the top banner you will see "more" three to the right of forum. Click on it and you will see roll call. Go there and fill in the info and it will take to your Roll Call. Enjoy.

bowiewhist

Thanks - I am sorted on roll call now. We're the only ones so far but I guess there's still 60 days to go.

Given that you don't take the drinks packages what drinks would actually be included in the price of the cruise?

Water?

Tea?

Coffee?  - all day or just with meals?

Can we take our own tea bags and brew up a cuppa in the cabin?

Thanks

Bow

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.