BAK1061
Contributor Level: Captain

I learned something new today

when you flag a post, it goes away, presumably to be reviewed.   I wonder how long til it's return ?

Tags:

13 Answers

akaGrandmaJo
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

I noticed that when I flagged a couple of advertising posts.  They never came back, so I think posts stay gone unless mods decide they are ok and release them.

meghad23

Makes sense... It's like a challenge on the field.

BAK1061

I found the posters name and mere presence here inappropriate and offensive.

BAK1061

Okay, I find the sock puppets existence in general, offensive.

JusMe

When a post is flagged it it hidden until Site management reviews it,  they and only they decide to remove if for ever,  edit it a bit or to put it back up.   Mods do not do this function,  mods flagged topics are reviewed just like everyone's.  

Kennicott

Yep, the moderators have to be impartial and to be on top of things, that’s for sure. Not only do threads get hit with “trolls” but also those posters with very strong opinions on a subject, who eat up pages arguing endlessly. On the other hand, and maybe even worse, is the threads which have these self-anointed Forum NAZI’s who are forever jumping on posters for alleged infractions.      

AuntPinkie

This is good to know. I don't envy your jobs and I will do my best to help by flagging things that seem inappropriate and not posting anything I think might need to get flagged.  You do good work and I enjoy this forum a great deal.

OldGreyWolf

Gonna cross threads here .... I guess if you want to edit a post bad enough you can always flag your own post to have it removed and then put up the new edited one.Wink

akaGrandmaJo

Well played!!

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

I agree.  I have flagged some in the past and they never resurfaced.  Some were ads, some were pranks and some had curse words.  I think that some may be re-posted with the curse words removed if that is possible and not messing up the rest of the post. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.