SimonCommunity
Contributor Level: Captain

Hurricane Harvey

On behalf of the entire Cruiseline.com and Ship Mate app team, our thoughts are with everyone impacted by Hurricane Harvey and the aftermath.

We are proud to see the generosity of Americans during this time. In collaboration with our parent company, World Travel Holdings, we are donating $10,000 to help our affected employees and the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. We hope you will join us by making a donation to the Houston Food Bank. http://www.houstonfoodbank.org/donate/donate-money/ 

Tags: Galveston Texas Hurricane Severe Weather Harvey

5 Answers

DVCruise

A friend of mine has set up a gofundme link and I have also used Paypal to access organizations.  Set up a link for us Simon - that's great!

https://www.gofundme.com/temporary-shelter-for-flood-animals

Bubba54

Excellent

BAK1061

Just realize, if you donate to the American Red Cross, your funds become discretionary.  It may or may not, go where you want or think it's going.   It's nice, that the NFL is raising so much money in the name of Harvey, but much of that money will go elsewhere.  

AuntPinkie

If you write a check to the Red Cross and write on it for Hurricane Harvey, the funds must go to Hurricane Harvey.  If you write it for disaster relief, it will go into the larger disaster relief fun. If you don't designate it, it will go into the general fund  For 19 plus years, I volunteered for several Red Cross chapters as we moved across the country while the DH was on active duty,  this was the rule across the board. My  last chapter was in Colorado Springs and right after Hurricane Katrina, I was asked to help in the "finance" office.  It was imperative that we separated the checks into the proper categories.  Now that things are done electronically. I don't know the rules... But wherever and however you donate be sure you somehow designate your wishes.  I am not worried about places like cruiseline because it is specific to a stated cause.

SimonCommunity

I've updated the post above with how you can help us support the recovery from Harvey. If you're able to donate, please consider doing so.

Let me know if you have any questions.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.