Help!

what is the best beach excursion to do? Happy

Tags: San Juan Puerto Rico Caribbean excursion beach

7 Answers

I can't help you with the beach excursion, but in San Juan I found that a self-guided walking tour of Old San Juan, along with the fort, was a lot of fun.

Thanks, I’ll check it out!!

Not sure about the excursion, but two areas for beaches come to mind. Condado...There's an all inclusive @ the Marriott (about 10 min taxi from the cruise port), if you're looking for something like that. The beaches at Isla Verde (about a 25 min taxi from the port) are also nice; waters are a little calmer, lots of places/stands were you can grab something to eat. 

Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for the info!!

I have cruised out of San Juan 3 times and stopped as port of call twice. We love the beach and have been to the beach at Isla Verde a couple times, It is nice but Grand Turk and St Thomas will be better for beaches. I agree with BDRebel about checking out Old San Juan. It has a lot of hills but is walkable. There is also a free trolley you can take up to El Morro. It is one of the forts furthest from the ship at the top of the hill. You can then walk back down hill and see the city. It is worth checking out. The streets are cobble stone and you need good walking shoes.

Awesome! Ty!! 

Yes, there used to be a free trolley that would take you around Old San Juan.  However, when we were there in December, the trolley had stopped operating.  The folks at the Tourist office told us that since the hurricane it had not operated and there were no plans to bring it back.  Hopefully, it has been brought back.  In the case that it has, allow me to give you some advice.  There is a trolley stop right next to where you dock--it is ALWAYS very crowded with waiting cruise passengers.  If you walk just a little further (going towards the Paseo de la Princesa) there is another trolley stop that is less crowded.  Enjoy!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.