Has anyone sailed on Pullmantur?

Hi all... I am considering a cruise on Pullmantur...and wondered if anyone has has the experience of cruising with them? They seem pretty decent and the rates are outstanding. The sailing I am interested in would be on The Sovereign ship. Any input would be appreciated... Thanks in advance~~

Tags: General discussion

4 Answers

Their ships are all 20-30 years old (the Sovereign was built in 1988), so it's a very different experience than what you get on the new ships. In particular, the ship will feel crowded, and the decor on the Sovereign is very basic. You're find very few passengers from North America - even the on board currency is the Euro.
Hi Thanks..I am aware of all that and back in the day...have even sailed on a couple of their ships when they belonged to previous lines..(but not the soverign)...I simply wondered what peoples experiences were... was it easy enough to communicate with the staff? Because they are mainly Spanish. We only speak a tiny bit of Spanish. Also.. Were the shore excursions positive/reasonable price? If someone has sailed once..would they sail again on them? These were the type of things I was interested to hear from anyone who has actually sailed on them. But~ I appreciate all info!! I think it would be a unique and fun experience but with more info we can make an educated decision. Thanks & have a wonderful day....
I booked clients on one 2 years ago (on the Empress) and I will probably never do it again. They had cruised with RCI twice and thought that the free drinks made Pullmantur a great deal. What they found was a crowded ship with many kids, many drunks and many people that they couldn't converse with (they didn't mention any problems with staff - they too speak a bit of Spanish). They normally sail in balcony cabins but there are only a handful of those so settled for an Oceanview. Typical of European lines, the shipboard announcements are made in 5 languages so go on and on forever. I never use or recommend that anyone use ship excursions unless there's no choice for a specific one - independents simply offer a better experience (if you do your homework ahead and not just pick up someone at the dock).
Thanks very much... great info and insight. We rarely use ships excursions ourselves... but if there was something offered we thought was exceptional we may go for it. Not too worried about a language issue ...but the 'free' drinks I can see may create a undesirable atmosphere! Not that we are sticks in the mud.. but I would hate to go all that way and be miserable because of the 'drunks'. So.. we have alot of thinking to do and more research of course.. but appreciate the infomation! have a great weekend~~~

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.