Contributor Level: Purser

Halloween cruise on Carnival Sunshine 2016-10-28

We will be taking our third cruise this October, to the Caribbean on the Carnival Sunshine, leaving Norfolk, VA on October 28, 2016. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on October 31st! We have excursions at every port, have signed up for the Cheers program, and have requested "special dining" on three of the at-sea evenings (Asian, Italian, and the steakhouse -- although only the steakhouse has confirmed our reservation so far).

We have never cruised at this time of year before. Are there usually Halloween activities? We'll be dining in the steakhouse in the early evening (18:30), but it would be great if there were Halloween activities in the evening afterward. Should we bring costumes?

Tags: caribbean carnival halloween sunshine

5 Answers

Contributor Level: Captain

I have never either, but I'm sure they would have something going on. I live in MD and did not realize there was a port of out Norfolk! I will have to keep that in mind in case we want to try carnival.

Congrats on the anniversary as well!

Congratulations on your anniversary.

I, too, have never sailed on Halloween, however you might try the roll calls for your particular cruise. If there is nothing planned, then why not go for it anyway -- be the trendsetter!

Be sure to join the roll call for your cruise here:

To get an answer on your question you may try to ask John Heald the senior Cruise Director of Carnival on his face book page.  

Contributor Level: Staff Captain

We have been on 2 NCL cruises over Halloween and there was always something going on. For those that chose to dress up there were many dressed up and partying. Most of the night clubs catered to costumes and the kids programs definitely were geared for Halloween.

First Halloween cruise was 4 years ago from NY to Bahamas and we got out of port 2 hours before it was closed for hurricane Sandy. We had my 12 year old daughter on board and she had a blast with the kids group. 

Last year we were on a 14 day repo from Boston to NOLA and sailed out of Boston Oct 30. Very few kids but many many dressed up adults having a lot of fun.

* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.