Freedom Of The Seas

Can someone help us with the dress code for Freedom Of The Seas. This will be our first trip with Royal Caribbean and we would like to know a little more about the dress code in the main dinning room.

Can my wife and 15 year old son wear dress shorts to dinner? Royal Caribbean's web site says no shorts do they enforce this policy?

4 Answers

I've never witnessed anyone barred entry to the MDR or given a hard time, and i've seen a couple eating dinner that looked like they came straight from the pool, wet marks under their chairs and all! It probably depends on the Ship, and the Maitre d

While I'm sure it does depend on the ship and the maitre d on that ship what they will and won't enforce, you will likely be fine with nicer shorts. Here's our article on the dress codes for each cruise line! https://cruiseline.com/advice/before-you-cruise/what-to-wear/what-to-wear-on-your-cruise

RCI website and email get any response?

In the old days, it would have been enforced, but I just got off "Adventure Of The Seas", another Royal Caribbean ship, and they seem to have relaxed the policy a little bit. I never saw anyone get kicked out of the MDR on my cruise.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.