Formal Attire

This is our first time on RCL.  On Disney's formal and semi-formal nights you will see everything from shorts with polo shirts to evening gowns and tuxedos in the main dining rooms.  Will RCL deny a man entrance to the main dining room with dress pants, a long-sleeved dress shirt, and a tie for formal night?

Tags: Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

5 Answers

We have not sailed on RCL yet, but I am pretty sure that attire would be just fine. On Carnival they are "cracking down" on the elegant night dress code. My dad and step mom took a cruise a few months back and he didn't pack pants.. they wouldn't let him in. The Maitre'd said if he could find just a pair of jeans he would be allowed in. No shorts at all. So on our upcoming cruise in June of 2019 I am making sure every man on the trip has pants packed!! Big Smile 

My guess is that you will be among the better dressed.

Although I have not sailed on RCCL before, the lines I have cruised on required trousers (no jeans), shirt (not t-shirt) coat and/or tie optional.

Hope you enjoy the cruise!

I just got back from a Celebrity cruise on the Summit.  They are owned by the same company that owns RCI.  The dress code was strictly enforced, especially in the MDR and show lounge.  The basic requirement is no holes in pants, no jeans, no sneakers, no t-shirts.

Thanks all.

Note: Polo shirts are T-Shirts with collars, which are allowed on most cruise lines during their most "formal", "chick" or whatever they may choose to designate that evening as:  

Celebrity Cruises

"The Code: Celebrity's website states that you'll need two types of evening clothes for a cruise. Most nights are "Smart Casual and Above," meaning sport shirts and slacks for men, while women will be comfortable in skirts or pants and blouses, or casual dresses. On "evening chic" nights, both men and women may prefer more dressy attire, though it is not required. Nor are jackets and ties required for men."

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.