Food!

I’ve sailed Royal twice but I’ve sailed Carnival 15 times. I used to think the food on Carnival was better including the dessert. But now I’m beginning to think that Royal has them beat all around! The Windjammer beats ANY food that the Lido could even produce. What’s YOUR favorite cruise  eastery? 

Tags: Royal Caribbean Lido vs Windjammer

12 Answers

We’ve only cruised with  Carnival , and have enjoyed everything so far.... except for the very dry, crumbly, over baked cookies. DH keeps tryi g them on each cruise and is disappointed each time. My “cookie monster” goes without. LOL

LaMonte what foods did you enjoy the most? We are cruising with RCL in March, so a heads up will be good.

You really need to break down the cruise lines. Are you talking about mainstream lines or all cruise lines?  Windjammer is a very good buffet and hard to beat within mainstream lines. But if you ask best cruise ship food I believe it is Seaborne, the bests meals I have had were on Seaborne Ships. The attention to detail was  over the top. The staff offered my wife the chef's choices or Filipino Choices, knowing she was from the Philippines. 

The quality was great and the service too. The worse cruise line food that is a easy choice the Flagship of Genting Corporations Star Cruises Virgo. Star Virgo makes McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star restaurant.

Depends on my craving and the time to eat. I really like omelettes for breakfast probably Guys for lunch and Steakhouse for dinner

Usually, I can find something I like on any cruise.  Lately, I have been a little disappointed in some of the choices Carnival offers for dinner,  but I then I go to the salmon that is on the menu every night and find my happy "meal".Wink

Since I have only sailed Princess twice I can only comment a bit on them. I find their buffets delightful and so far the dinner choices quite appealing.

IMHO Celebrity has the best over all food and service in MDR and buffet.  My last cruise on RCI was disappointing in the food area but it was a new menu set for the English taste.  I have liked most of the food on Carnival.  HAL had good food,  Princess had bad food (20 years ago) and NCL is very hit and miss with food and poor service in MDR's

Food is very subjective so this is a hard one to rate where everybody will agree.  Just like the favorite cruise line is subjective

My go to would be ribs or chicken.

I have only been on Norwegian so far and am very pleased with all of their food offerings and restaurants. Expanding my experience with the upcoming as it is RCCL so will have a lot of sampling to do .... sooo much food and soo little time. 

Since my idea of a fancy restaurant includes Texas Roadhouse, Johnny Carrino's, Chilis, Applebees and Cheddars, I am of the opinion that Carnival serves gourmet fare.

I agree that their Lido fare could stand some improvement, however I am fascinated by the buffet put out by Royal and Regal Princesses.

I've become a vegetarian since my last cruise making my next cruise a learning experience.

That ought to be interesting.  I have met a few that enjoyed some very interesting combinations.  I know Carnival always has a vegetarian option.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.