Contributor Level: Captain

This is only an little off topic. We got a new channel on our TV yesterday. It has a Martha Stewart cooking class show . I know there are other food shows on TV but they all have to eliminate someone for some reason and they are stupid. Now I am no big fan of Martha on a good day, but it's good to see lessons on  TV again.

Would you take cooking classes on you sea days on a cruise?

I know I would.

Tags: and Foodies.....

21 Answers

I am lucky, the DH does the cooking in our home. Love  We have attended several food demonstration, bought the Carnival cook book (and received one at our first Chef's table), so he would go to a class... I might or might not go with him.

I would take one.  It would be something different to do.  Heaven knows and my family too that my cooking could use some help and new dishes! Big Smile

I would.  I recently read an article about a cruise line that will be offering cooking classes.  Will try to find it and post.

Here it is:

I would if it were something interesting to cook. I'm blessed to have my husband cook all the time now...I cooked for a crew for the first 30 years and he's on duty for the next 30 years for the two of us.

Absolutely, yes.  

The one HAL cruise we took featured a professional cooking stadium. Unfortunately, it was terribly underutilized. I felt they could have done so much more with it.

Contributor Level: Staff Captain

If the classes were entertaining, I might attend.  I'm a fan of "The Chew", and I would like to take a class from any one of the show's four chefs, especially Mario Batali.

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

I have been on Oceania Riviera where they have a full culinary center and offer classes. It's wonderful. Pic of class and culinary center is below.

I would not..... I do not cook much at home.   Being single just not worth cooking for one.

Now I'd be happy to be the food taster Wink

We have attended the cooking class on Holland. We had a great time, the Chef was a lot of fun. Will do it again.

* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.