First time cruisers

Help...mum and I are going on our first cruise in November. 20 nights on the Crown Princess. We are trying to decide whether to buy the top beverages package as we normally go all inclusive on holidays. Can anyone please give me an idea of the average price for things like ...a latte coffee, a cocktail, a glass of wine, a spirit and mixer, an iced coffee and a soda. Many thanks in advance for any replies. We aren't heavy drinkers but I don't think a scotch before dinner, a glass of wine with dinner followed by a couple of cocktails is too outrageous lol plus a few coffees and sodas during the day.

Tags: Princess Cruises Cost of onboard drinks

7 Answers

I think it depends on the cruise line. I get the non-alcoholic beverage package, which runs about $50, but the drinks are unlimited.

Well I’m going to tax my memory here. Princess sells a coffee card for around $30. It gives your unlimited brewed coffee at the international Cafe and 15 specialty coffees. I think the specialty coffees run around 3.95. Wine is 8 to 10 dollars a glass. Spirits are 9 to 11 dollars. Depending on the cocktail they run 9 to 13. These are rough estimates hope it helps. 

Welcome to our the site and I must give you a warning. Cruising can be extremely addictive. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you both very much for the advice. So excited lol Big Smile

Welcome to your new addiction :)  You won't find a cure here, but you sure will find a community of enablers.

Welcome. Enjoy your drinks and food.

Thank you both....sure I will have more questions Wink

Wish that I could help you out with prices but I never take the beverage packages.  We just drink a glass or two with dinner.  I have been on the Crown Princess and she is a lovely ship.  Enjoy your cruise and welcome to the site. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.