First time cruisers

This is our first family cruise.  We're so excited!  Any suggestions on excursions etc are welcome!

11 Answers

That will depend on where you are going and what your interests are. Start by looking at what the cruise ship offers and checking the reviews from those that have taken them.

The profile has Oasis of the Seas on a western Caribbean cruise.

Congrats!!  We love our family cruises.  It's a good way to get unplugged and really enjoy each other's company.

Congrats on your first cruise and welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of helpful info here. 

There are so many things to do at each port, it can be difficult to make recommendations. I'd say start with thinking about things you guys like to do...adventurous, nature enthusiasts, history buffs, or just laid back beachy. Then think about your family group...small kids and you'll need to be with them the whole time, teens who just need an occasional check in, or like us - adult kids who can fend for themselves. Then you can take a look a the reviews/posts here and the excursions for those ports, and get a better sense of what might work best for your family. Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!

Since it is a family cruise and there are kids involved excursions that require a lot of bus time might be avoided as with excursions that involve sampling the local rum or tequila. Usually with kids excursions that have dolphin swims, beaches, sting ray swims or other active fun outings are the way to go.

A family cruise is a great way to take separate vacations together.    What I mean is your all together at dinner, breakfast and in cabin but the rest of the time there are enough activities for all age and interest to find something to do so Mom and Dad can get some date time in Big Smile

My best advise is to just have fun!  Relax and take it all in!

My best advise is to just have fun!  Relax and take it all in!

thanks!

My hubby and I went on our first cruise in May 2017. The one suggestion I can give is Go with the flow. There are going to be things that may or may not be what you expected. If anything goes awry, don't let it ruin your whole experience.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.